Please note: the location for this event is the Goldstein Electronic Classroom, Room 114, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center
Rashmi Kumar, Ed.D. Joe Schaffner
Specialist in STEM Learning, Weingarten Learning Resources Center Courseware Support Librarian, Penn Libraries
Ready to blend your course but not sure how to pick the best technology? This session builds on the blended learning workshop (DigPed 001) to help participants align a particular overarching goal (for example: creating a class culture that supports safe and open discussion of controversial subjects) to specific technologies and strategies for their use. The session is highly customized to participants' interests, and participants will gain hands-on experience with a supported technology. Together, the group will become familiar with additional pedagogical support options on campus and will engage in reflection and discussion with colleagues.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
Upon completing this workshop, you should be able to:
- Match a learning goal to a specific technological tool
- Through hands-on experience, test and evaluate the use of a technology to support an instructional goal
- Develop criteria for evaluating tools with colleagues
Skills, concepts, or competencies this workshop delivers:
- Application and evaluation of technologies used for instruction
- Continued professional development through campus and online networks
Recommended prerequisite: Workshop #1: Blended Learning: Teaching with Technology More Purposefully (DigPed 001)
This workshop is intended for:
- Staff who provide pedagogical and/or technological support for instructors or TAs
- Participants may be asked to complete a brief exercise on lesson goals in Canvas before attending the workshop.
This session is the second in a three-workshop series on blended learning. It will be followed by:
This workshop was preceded by:
Note: Participants are encouraged, but not required, to complete each of the three workshops and their corresponding online components. If a participant has not completed the first workshop in this series, it is strongly recommended that they complete a brief introductory tutorial on blended Learning in Canvas before completing the lesson-goals exercise and attending the workshop.
Related LibGuide: Digital Pedagogy Workshop Series by Joe Schaffner