The Second Annual Spotlight on STEM Librarianship
The Penn Libraries’ STEM Libraries are pleased to partner once again with the Philadelphia Chapter of the Special Library Association and the Drexel University Library and Archives Student Association (DULASA) to host the Second Annual Spotlight on STEM Librarianship panel discussion.
The goal of this event is to bring Philly-area library science students and library professionals together to learn more about the dynamic field of STEM librarianship, with a focus on both physical and health sciences. We encourage library science students to consider a career in science libraries, and the panelists and other librarian attendees will share how they came to be science librarians and will talk about the work they do.
Attendees will enjoy a discussion with panelists from the Penn and Drexel libraries and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). You'll hear from:
- Hannah Calkins, CHOP Research Institute Metadata Librarian
- Judith Currano, Head of Penn's Chemistry Library
- Jay Bhatt, Drexel's Engineering Liaison Librarian
- Laurel Graham, Head of Penn's Dental Library
- Beth Ten Have, Librarian at CHOP's Center for Pediatric Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice.
Light refreshments will be served.