World Health Organization Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) in Implementation Research: Registration Deadline
Interested in learning the fundamentals of Implementation Research? Looking to learn more about how to effectively implement best-evidence health care and public health interventions in complex real-world settings? This free 6-8 week-long online course developed by the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR) co-sponsored by UNICEF-UNDP- World Bank and located at the World Health Organization will be offered exclusively to the University of Pennsylvania community and its partners in global health programmes during August and September through an agreement between TDR, the University of Pennsylvania Libraries, the Perelman School of Medicine's Center for Global Health, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing.
Register with your name, department, and UPenn or partner organization email address- participants will receive login information to the TDR MOOC on Implementation Research by the end of July. This MOOC provides an opportunity for participants to learn the fundamentals of implementation research with the expectation that by the end of the course participants will be able to design implementation research projects, critically evaluate and use the evidence produced by other implementation research projects and commission robustly designed implementation research projects. Please note that most course content and case examples focuses on global diseases of poverty and infectious diseases.
- the core concepts of implementation research
- how to identify the challenges of various contexts
- how to assess the appropriateness of existing implementation strategies
- how to develop innovative and more effective implementation stategies by working with communities and multiple stakeholders
- how to formulate implementation research questions, operationalize variables and design rigorous research projects
- how to define implementation research outcomes and evaluate the effectiveness of implementation strategies
- and finally how to scale up intervention given a robust implementation strategy
TDR's IR MOOC is a 5-module asynchronous online course that will be offered between August 3rd and September 30th. Modules include quiz-based assessments, and completion of the course a passing grade in several multiple-choice tests, a peer-assessed final examination in which participants outline an implementation research project dealing with issue of local concern, and participation in discussion forums. Average weekly time committment is expected to be 3-4 hours across 6-8 weeks, and participants who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion issue by TDR, PSOM Global Health, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing.